1. Inspect the device power. If it is a Cradlepoint modem, this can be verified by looking at the LED lights on the device. If operating properly, the LED lights should be:
>Green for power, Wi-Fi and cellular modem connection + Blue for cellular signal strength (4 bars = 100%):
2. If the Modem is in error (Wi-Fi or cellular connection) there will be flashing amber lights present in the corresponding LED.
3. If the modem has no power, all LED lights will be off.
4. The door for the SD card on the back of the modem must be closed. The modem will not communicate with it open.
5. The power for the cellular modem is 12VDC. There is a step-down transformer attached to the front of the Supervisor. It is powered by the incoming 24VAC powering the Supervisor. Power needs to be verified using a multimeter to determine if the correct voltage is present.
6. Verify the connection of the ethernet cable between the cellular modem and the Supervisor. If connected properly you will see lights on both sides of the ethernet cord. One light will be solid and the other will be flashing confirming communication.
7. If the above items are all functioning as described, please reference Article 7.8 Cradlepoint IBR Software Settings to verify proper software configuration in modem.